Monday, September 2, 2013

He's the same yesterday, today and forever!

Hi friends,

Just had to write a quick post of this awesome testimony. Yesterday I went to church at Seguku Worship Center - it was such a blessing, exactly what I needed to hear! But, while I was in service I heard this amazing testimony of what the crusade team at the church has been doing.

Just recently I finished a study about Gideon with two of my dear friends - and it was awesome! If you remember in the story of Gideon God told him to go and to tear down the Baal altar and to make a sacrifice of seven bulls for the seven years they have been oppressed. Gideon went in the middle of the night to tear down his Father's altar that he had created to worship false Gods... well - as I am sure you know, false gods are still present today, as is idol worship. In Uganda witchcraft is very prominent. Yesterday I was so encouraged to hear about a team that went into a nearby village and preached the gospel. The village witchdoctor gave his life to Christ and then they showed video of them tearing down the altar to one of the local gods and burning up the witchcraft tools and the houses. The huts went up in flames. The pastor shared how the witchdoctor and some of the other villagers prayed over the sins committed and now the land that once was used to worship a false god, has been offered to build a church centered around Jesus.

How cool is that?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment