Friday, August 30, 2013

Made it HOME!

Well, I made it! Praise the Lord. And boy was it a journey!

Ali dropped me off at the airport around noon, and I was supposed to fly out just a little before 3:00pm into New York, then to Turkey, then to Uganda... my NY flight got cancelled, so they put me on another flight... but that got cancelled - so they put me on another flight... and that got cancelled, so they switched airlines for me. However, I had one hour to get from another airport in NY to JFK and it was a 40 minute drive alone... so I called American Airlines and asked if I could get things switched around. Believe me - pretty sure this is nothing short of a miracle. After an hour and a half of being on the phone (and accidentally going over my minutes! whoops!) they rerouted me through Chicago, then to London! And now, I finally made  it to Uganda!

I had a few hours in London, so of course I went running around like mad to see all I could! What a beautiful city! I never thought I would say this - but I would totally go back and spend some time there!  While I was trying to get on the tube and go see Big Ben, I asked a boy if I was headed the right way - turns out he was from Israel traveling to New York and so we decided to stick together and conquer the city!

This is my new friend, Ido.

It's amazing to see so much history, and such old architecture. I was praising the Lord for this blessing. What a fun life this is! :) 

(okay...side note: I thought that PDA's on a christian college campus were bad. Nope... all London parks far outweigh any christian campus. It was hard to get a picture without someone making out in the background!) 
























Beautiful, eh?! Needless to say, I had a blast!

But now I am one tired cookie! I got on my flight and left London around 9:00pm. Thankfully I had an entire ROW to myself and was able to stretch out and sleep a good portion of the flight, get some great journaling and bible study time in! And I arrived in Uganda this morning! Woot woot!

For this first month I am staying at the World Outreach headquarters about six miles south of Kampala. And I'm hitting the ground running! This morning I went over to the babies home and loved on some sweet orphans, and this afternoon we are doing a big youth conference and I'll be helping with the children's ministry.

Speaking of which... I better get going and take a shower and get ready to head out again! Pray that I can stay awake! Oy! :)

So blessed to be here. Thanks for reading, my dear friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment