Friday, January 11, 2013

My time here has been blessed. 
I leave today. 

I am not looking forward to the journey back. 
Whew. 


I didn't know I was coming back until November. It was a quick turn around. 
But God provided. 
The faithful proved himself once again. 
Not because he had to, but because he delights in me. 
(Hard to wrap my mind around!) 

I want you to meet some friends. 

The one on the far left, I actually don't know... but, The one in the green skirt is Angela, then Lucy, then Lucy (again), then this crazy white girl, then Pauline, then Margaret, (and Janet who isn't pictured). 

These are ladies I got the joy of teaching while I was in Kitgum this last summer. 

Erica Fye, another missionary from New York lives in Kitgum as well. The Lord placed it on her heart to do a discipleship training and teach these ladies literacy and the truth. 
10 started the class. 
5 graduated. 

I didn't think I would be coming back in December - much to my delightful surprise that I would be here during the time that these ladies were graduating!  Thank you Lord! 

I came and immediately was greeted by four screaming ladies, and I too, joined in. 

Each one of these ladies came from different walks: some from training to become a witchdoctor, some from being bitter and angry at the bondage of their past, some from losing all seven children and her husband... their stories reflect the multitudes like them all around Uganda. 

Broken. 

These ladies however, seized the opportunity to jump at Freedom.
To jump at the chance to know the King. 
Oh yes - they had doubts. Each told Erica and all of their teachers "No, I can't read. No, I can't learn this or that - maybe they can... but not me."
And throughout this journey. 
Hard. 
Difficult. 
Time consuming... 
They succeeded.  

Each one of these ladies stood up in front of their families and friends and READ a verse. 
They read. 
Five ladies who began the class with a three year old's signature read the Word of God. 
That alone is a miracle. 
But God didn't stop there. Each one of these ladies have a powerful testimony. 
Each one of these ladies will go back to their villages, their families, their communities, and I believe will change the world because of what Christ is doing through them. 

I was incredibly grateful and humbled to be apart of this experience. 


No comments:

Post a Comment