Thursday, December 20, 2012

I'm back.
And my heart is overjoyed.

The entire journey here, I was praising God.
REALLY, Lord? I get to go back?
He is so faithful, and I am so grateful that I am here.

This is what I wake up to:


This is what my days look like 


And these little kids are my JOY! 




I seriously am incredibly blessed. 
I got to go back to the village. 
:) 

I taught the kids about the Christmas story. 


Then we made crowns, because Jesus is the Prince of Peace. 
I was afraid we wouldn't have enough, and I just prayed as I was passing them out that we would have enough - and guess what, we had the perfect amount. 
Who says God doesn't care about the little things? 

It was really amazing! The little boy, Robert, who you see in almost all of my village pictures (he is the one on the left), I finally met his mom! Her name is Monica. I had only met her one other time when I was out in Latodore. I prayed that the Lord would let me see little Robert, one more time. He didn't come to the children's ministry, so if I were honest, I was sort of bummed, but the Lord knew... 
We finished, and headed toward the bore hole to wait for Ryan and the rest of the team to finish with the Tuesday evening service. As I was waiting, here came Monica holding Robert! I got to visit with his mom, and Praise the Lord! Monica accepted Christ! I was overjoyed to welcome another sister into the body. The picture isn't the best quality - but boy do I treasure it. 


The next day, after some amazing time with the Lord, I got to go back and see the ladies in the village. This is Margaret. 
It is amazing to see how much she has grown in the Lord. I loved being able to be back and visit with them... I may have also overloaded them on laffy taffy, snickers and reeses as well. :) 

Tomorrow we will celebrate Christmas with the kids - full celebration with meat and soda and presents from their momma in America. Then Ryan will take Zane and Bri and three of the kids down to the airport. Please continue to pray for the McCourtney family as they continue in this transition. 

Pray that I may continue to see logistics and plans unfold as the Lord reveals where he wants me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment