Wednesday, November 28, 2012

For He is Faithful.

So - Here I am again. 

Writing. 

Errr... blogging. :) 

I've wrestled with this - does anyone actually read this? Or want to? But for whatever reason, I'll give it a shot. More so because as these journeys become longer term - it will be a better way to share my thoughts and what the Lord is doing. 

If you haven't heard - I am going back to Uganda. 
In two weeks. 
TWO WEEKS! 

How crazy is that?! In my bible I write down dates next to the scriptures that the Lord has really impressed upon my heart. Usually if I don't remember why that date, I can go to my journal for reference - but it makes a nice marker of what God was teaching me during that time. 

7/26/12 - "But, brothers, when we were torn away from you for a short time (in person, not in thought), out of our intense longing we made very effort to see you." 1 Thessalonians 2:17 

I remember sitting on the wooden logs next to the fire pit out in the village.
I was wrecked.
God, are you really already taking me back? What about these relationships I formed with these ladies? What about just yesterday (7/25) when each of them poured out their hearts and told me their testimonies? I wrestled with why I was going back... but I found comfort in Paul's words "torn away from you for a short time."

I'm not Paul, by any means, but I saw a glimpse into his longing to go and see his brothers and sisters...and I hadn't even left yet. 

I don't know why, and I don't know exactly when... but let me tell you, the Lord has had this deep passion for Uganda planted in my heart for years. 

And here is the deal friends: 
Our God is Faithful. 
Always. period. 

I knew I was going back. I knew I was going back before I ever even stepped foot in country in 2011. And he continually has proven his word true, his promises true and as he has for generations before me and generations after - he has proved faithful. 

I go back in two weeks. And I am praising him for it, every day. 
Yes, I will miss Christmas with my family. 
Yes, that will be difficult - for more than just me, of that I am aware. 
However as I continued to pray and seek this Loving Creator, who has so captivated my heart, he spoke this to me: 
"Still another said, "I will follow you, Lord; bur first let me go back and say good by to my family." Jesus replied, "No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the Kingdom of God." - Luke 9:61-62 

I wish I could sit down with you over a cup of coffee, and tell you just how faithful our God is. I wish I could tell you every detail of how this current adventure came to be - but no one wants to read a novel... so I will tell you what I am learning. 

The cost of following Jesus is everything. 
For the sake of Jesus. 
That is our reward - and oh, what a glorious one it is. 

My heart's desire is to keep my hand on the plow, and my eyes fixed upon my Lord. 

See these beautiful ladies? 
I get to see them shortly. 

See these ama-zing kiddos? 
I get the pleasure and blessing of caring for eight of them while three of their siblings go with their Dad, Zane, to begin their move to America; and after months of being separated - get to hug their momma.  

I also get to seek clarity on this life that God is calling me to. 

I would love if you would join me in this journey. 
Thanks for reading.  


Grace and Peace. 







No comments:

Post a Comment