Tuesday, August 27, 2013

It all begins tomorrow

Well... today was my last FULL day in America. These last several weeks have been a blast! I went home to say goodbye to all of my family in Eastern Oregon, and a lot of friends along the way. I was blessed to be able to speak at a couple of churches and so very encouraged by the body of Christ (I am really hoping you all come to visit me in Uganda)!

Then - I did what any single 22 year old girl would do before she moved to Africa - I took a road trip with my best friend Ali! We loaded up her Hyundai Elantra and headed across the states. We started our journey in Hillsboro where Ali picked me up after my last service at my wonderful sending church, Rivers of Peace. Then we drove down 84 over to Arlington where I got to see my parents one last time. We had a great visit! Dad and Renee - I sure am going to miss you.

                 

Then Ali and I headed up to Pendleton OR where we met up with my sister (...ok, no she isn't blood related but undoubtedly we are cut from the same cloth) where her and her husband Grady fed us probably half a cow! It was so great to get one last hug in, though. Vickie is the one who will handle all of my state-side needs/banking stuff/whatever else - so it is an understatement when I say she is a blessing.



I could tell you our entire journey - if you wanted, but I'm sure you've already seen a good portion of it on facebook, so I will leave it at that. We had a blast though! There truly is no better way to have spent my last couple days here in the states then going on one last big hoo-rah with my best friend from college. Ali is helping with the Emmaus church plant here in North Carolina. 50+ people from Solid Rock in Portland picked up and left their lives to go and help with how the Lord is moving on the East Coast. Although I am called to Uganda, and Ali is called to North Carolina - make no mistake that we are ALL called to be missionaries. Sunday I got to go to Emmaus' service, where we met in a cute park here in North Carolina. It is amazing to see the Lord moving already through this area, these people - watch out North Carolina: you are about to get a whole LOT of Jesus!

Tomorrow Ali is taking me to the airport and I will begin the rest of my travels for this journey. I am so very excited! It is incredibly surreal to know that all of this preparing/planning is all coming to an end. I am so very excited! I can hardly contain it. 

To all of you who have helped me get here - thank you! THANK YOU! Thank you for all of your love and support, your prayers and your encouraging words. I cannot wait to see what the good Lord has on this next journey! 

"It has always been my ambition to preach the gospel where Christ was not known, so that I would not be building on someone else’s foundation. Rather, as it is written:“Those who were not told about him will see,and those who have not heard will understand.” 
Romans 15:20-21



No comments:

Post a Comment