Monday, July 22, 2013

Blessed Provision

BOOM.

And just like that, in one day - I'm fully funded.

Psalm 66:16 says: "Come and hear all you who fear God, and let me tell you what He has done for me." 

The Psalmist speaks it better than me - because all Glory goes to the only One who deserves our praise.

I needed $7,500 to live in Uganda for 15 months. I purchased a one way ticket in faith and began fundraising, selling truffles, telling anyone who had ears of my heart for Uganda, and often seeking the Lord on my knees. I, like many, although I don't doubt the financial provision of the Lord, struggle to find the balance between doing the footwork while being a good steward and waiting patiently for the Lord's provision. The truth is, He never calls us to something and then fails to provide for us. Never. Period. He does not do it. And so when I stepped out and embarked on this fourth journey to Uganda, I had no doubt that He would provide the funds...

Just a few days ago, it dawned on me that the Lord has provided around 40k a year (roughly) to get me through George Fox. In May, I graduated with a Bachelors of Social Work debt free from one of the most expensive colleges in Oregon. THAT is a blessing of the Lord. And I do not think it is by mistake. I have one more months bill for my phone and my pick-up insurance and after canceling them both, I will have nothing financially tying me.

And just today, I was on my knees praying to this HUGE God we serve, asking him to provide this last $5,000 I had left to raise. I knew this was a simple thing in the eyes of the Lord, but had no idea how it was going to come in. He says in the scriptures that he owns the cattle on a thousand hills (Psalm 50:10) - so a $7,500 is peanuts, as my big sister Vickie says.

In one day... I went from needing $5,000 to being fully funded, through generous donations and monthly supporters. Based on pledges, truffle sales, and monthly donors - it is finished!

I am in AWE, humbled and so incredibly thankful. Tears welled up and joy spilled over as I just praised the Lord for the great work of His hands. Undoubtedly, Uganda is where I am called to be, and I cannot wait to see what the Lord will do.

Thank you all, if you have prayed, if you have supported, if you bought truffles... if you read my facebook posts - thank you for your love.

Only 37 days before I fly out.

No comments:

Post a Comment